Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just the Facts Please

I once had a pastor who told me he did not hire anyone that salted their food before tasting it. In my confusion, he went on to explain that he did not want to hire someone prone to making decisions without all the information. I doubt very seriously that my eating habits have little to do with my decision making processes, but I do see the point.

In our tech savvy age, people can open up a blog like this one and complain and twist stories and facts to rally people to their causes. It happens every day. I read one National Football League bloggers report on how he was not allowed to have a computer or phone on while in team facilities. My home state college team did not allow phone calls or texting during practices that were open to the public. People live in fear that facts will be skewed, information released that is private, or that an expose will be written that puts them in a negative light.

If there is ever a time for informed decision making, it is now. That is not to say that information will not be twisted. It will however allow for a clear conscience for the leader. I can know that regardless of the perception, I used the information at hand to make the proper decision. Sometimes the unpopular decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment